It’s Webinar Time!
The year 2014 has ushered in a host of fascinating developments involving the FMLA. Courts across the country have issued critical decisions on an employee’s notice of the need for FMLA leave; whether an employee can affirmatively decline FMLA leave; combating FMLA abuse; and caring for a family member.
Please join us on Thursday, November 13 (12:00 – 1:15 p.m. central time) for “Managing FMLA Red Flags and Staying Ahead of the Trends.” I will be joined by Ellen McCann, Assistant Vice President and Senior Counsel for Unum.
I’ve summarized our webinar below, so you will have a good idea of the topics we’ll cover. And the best part? It’s FREE! So, you have no excuse not to join us, right!?!
Ellen and I will highlight the latest FMLA trends and identify practical solutions to help employers stay compliant. Among other topics, we will address:
- Recognizing an employee’s need for FMLA leave
- Whether an employer should designate FMLA leave on occasions when an employee does not want FMLA to apply
- How to nab an employee when you are provided Facebook or other social media posts showing them acting inconsistently with their need for FMLA leave
- Handling an employee’s request for FMLA leave where the employee will care for a family member while on vacation or during out of state travel
- The latest on managing FMLA intermittent leave
This session promises to be practical and fun. And I might even throw in a Thanksgiving tune to finish things off.
This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Illinois MCLE credit also will be available to attorneys attending the program. For attorneys in states other than Illinois, we will provide proof of attendance, but CLE credit will be governed by your particular state’s rules.