When: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 (12:00 – 1:15 p.m. central time)
Online registration: Click here
The Family and Medical Leave Act is generally considered to be an employee-friendly law, and employers have often felt helpless to do anything but approve leave requests under FMLA and similar laws.
But we shouldn’t feel helpless!
In this complimentary webinar, ComPsych’s Matt Morris and I will provide practical suggestions on how you can address suspected FMLA misuse in your workplace, focusing on the steps you can take (as opposed to the steps you can’t take) to root out and minimize FMLA abuse.
Through the use of case studies (and perhaps a bit of humor), you will learn how to:
- Identify and understand the most common forms of FMLA abuse
- Effectively use certification and recertification to respond to a pattern of misuse or suspect FMLA abuse
- Document FMLA effectively to curb FMLA abuse
- Manage intermittent FMLA leave—a main culprit of FMLA abuse
- Conduct effective investigations into potential abuse
- Implement must-have personnel policies to prevent FMLA abuse
- Learn how to use the “honest belief” tool to protect your organization against misuse of FMLA and ADA leave
And, of course, we’ll sing. We’ll definitely sing.
Register here. I look forward to hosting you on December 11.
Quick note: This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute and SHRM for review and credit. Continuing Legal Education credit also will be available to attorneys attending the program.