Nothing ushers in the holidays like a COVID-related FMLA webinar.
Join me for my annual FMLA webinar, which comes to you, as always, free of charge!
When: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 (12:00 – 1:30 p.m. central time)
Online registration: Click here
The COVID-19 pandemic has left an indelible impact on the workplace, causing employers to deal with a wave of medical leaves and a shift to virtual workplace. As a result, employers face a host of compliance issues in navigating leave and accommodation issues.
In this complimentary webinar, my good friend and ComPsych’s Matt Morris and I will tackle the most common and difficult leave and accommodations scenarios that employers have encountered during the COVID-19 pandemic and will provide practical suggestions on how employers can address these situations.
Through the use of case studies (and maybe a tiny bit of humor), we will cover:
- Is an employee who tests positive for COVID-19 eligible for FMLA leave?
- How to address an employee who has a generalized fear of returning to work because of the pandemic
- Whether FMLA leave applies when an employee claims they cannot return to work during the pandemic because they have an underlying medical condition
- Whether an Employee can take FMLA leave to sit at home during a pandemic with a family member who is considered high risk
- Is physical presence at work critical anymore? Handling work-from-home requests during the pandemic
And, of course, we’ll sing. We’ll definitely sing.
When you register (click here), please pose the most difficult question you want answered in this area, and we’ll do our best to cover it during the webinar.
Quick note: This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute and SHRM for review and credit. Continuing Legal Education credit also will be available to attorneys attending the program.