Reports on the street indicate that people literally are lining up and begging for the last seat for a complimentary FMLA webinar I am hosting this Thursday, December 6. (See right.) The good thing is that, as subscribers to our blog, you and your colleagues still can sign up. (See details below.) I hope you can join us. I can’t imagine anything more exciting this holiday season, and I am sure you agree! [Insert sarcastic reply here.]
FMLA Made Easy: Effectively Managing Difficult FMLA Issues
Thursday, December 6, 2012 (12:00 – 1:30p.m. CST)
Overview of the Webinar
Human Resource professionals regularly cite FMLA administration as one of the most frustrating parts of their job. Moreover, intermittent leave is the “single most serious area of friction between employers and employees seeking to use FMLA leave,” according to a recent Department of Labor report.
But why must it be so difficult?
In this complimentary webinar, Matt Morris, vice president at FMLASource, Tamika Lynch, counsel at Siemens Industry, Inc., and I will tackle some of the most common FMLA conundrums and offer practical advice to employers in addressing these situations. Using real life situations from their own wealth of experience dealing with the FMLA, our presenters will cover topics such as:
- Unique issues when caring for an adult child or a family member
- Responding to inadequate or incomplete medical certification (or one that’s never turned in!)
- Recertifications: what employers can ask for when circumstances have changed or the validity of leave is in doubt
- Fluctuating work weeks and its impact on an employee’s FMLA allotment
- “Honest Belief/Honest Suspicion” cases: taking action against FMLA abuse
- Managing the second opinion process
- ADA meets the FMLA: what employers should do when an employee’s FMLA leave is exhausted and he/she still can’t return to work