Those sneaky little rascals! While the rest of us were enjoying our Labor Day holiday, those crazy kids over at the Department of Labor were still working away. Bless their little hearts! This time, they were busy posting new model FMLA notices and medical certification forms.
Expiration: August 31, 2021.
No more month-to-month extensions or lost sleep over when the long-awaited forms would be released. Now, we can rest easy through summer 2021. Relief.
That said, it couldn’t have taken DOL a whole lot of time to draft the updated forms. There’s nothing new, other than the new expiration date. Nevertheless, use these templates moving forward. For easy reference, here are the links to the new FMLA notices and forms:
- WH-380-E Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition (pdf)
- WH-380-F Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition (pdf)
- WH-384 Certification of Qualifying Exigency For Military Family Leave (pdf)
- WH-385 Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Current Servicemember — for Military Family Leave (pdf)
- WH-385-V Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave (pdf)
The notices/forms also can be accessed from this DOL web page.