In this webinar, Franczek Radelet partner and SHRP member Jeff Nowak and SHRP member Teri Hock identify the issues and address the questions surrounding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), including:
- Identifying and understanding the most common forms of FMLA abuse
- Utilizing the changes in the FMLA regulations to help fight FMLA abuse
- Documenting FMLA effectively to curb FMLA abuse
- Handling intermittent FMLA leave—a main culprit of FMLA abuse
- Managing FMLA abuse situations and conducting appropriate investigations into potential abuse
- Implementing must-have personnel policies to prevent FMLA abuse
- Given the complexities of the FMLA, employers often fall prey to dishonest employees who take advantage of their FMLA rights by seeking intermittent leave to avoid discipline for poor attendance or by requesting leave for reasons not covered by the FMLA.