As I celebrate my third anniversary at Littler, I’d like to invite you to an FMLA party.
A party where we spend seven hours together over two straight days discussing nothing but the F-M-L-A.
Are you excited yet!?! Let me explain more.
FMLA Master Class
For years, many of you have encouraged me to conduct a comprehensive FMLA course that covers all the bases to help you understand the ins and outs of FMLA leave. Thanks to Littler for providing the platform, I’m finally coming through for you.
In an interactive, two-day (seven-hour) virtual training course, I will help you master the critical components of the Family and Medical Leave Act, and dare we say, the content might even get you a wee bit excited about administering our favorite federal law!
You read that correctly: Get ready to be FMLA-energized!
In this FMLA Master Class, you and your colleagues will learn how to:
- Determine an employee’s FMLA eligibility
- Identify a request for FMLA leave
- Understand the reasons for FMLA leave and what qualifies as a serious health condition
- Determine when an employee has put you on notice of the need for FMLA leave, and how to send out the appropriate FMLA notices
- Implement effective and compliant call-in procedures for your employees
- Properly review medical certification and recertification
- Effectively manage intermittent FMLA leave
- Root out FMLA misuse in your workplace
- Properly maintain employee benefits during leave and return employees to work
- Administer FMLA leave where COVID-19 related issues are involved
Seven absolutely blissful hours of the F-M-L-A. Are you dancing yet?
I’ll use case studies to keep you thinking. I’ll include skits to provide real life examples of what you will encounter when managing FMLA. And I’ll send you off with detailed PowerPoint slides so you have a resource to refer to long after our class ends.
This FMLA Master Class will benefit you no matter your experience level. Are you just breaking into human resources and need a critical foundation on the FMLA? This class is for you. Are you a more seasoned HR or leave of absence professional who needs some practical ideas to manage intermittent leave, fight FMLA misuse, or apply the FMLA to tricky COVID-related scenarios? This class is for you. Are you an attorney who seeks a better understanding of the FMLA’s pain points so you can appropriately counsel your clients? This class is for you, too.
Here Are the Details
When: March 8 and 9, 2022 (12:00 to 3:30p.m. central time)
Cost: $295 (Access the registration link here)
What will I cover? Access our detailed two-day agenda here.
Materials: Attendees will receive a copy of Jeff’s FMLA Guidebook and a copy of the PowerPoint
For those who read all the way to the end of this blog post, congratulations! Email me at email@example.com to receive a $30 discount code for a limited time.
See you there!