When: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 (12:00 – 1:15 p.m. central time)
Online registration: Click here
FMLA Medical certification can be the most effective tool to help employers confirm an employee’s medical condition and their need for time off from work. So, why does such a critical tool tend to create angst, confusion and frustration for employers when administering FMLA leave?
Not any more. Please join Megan Holstein, Vice President of Compliance at Reed Group, and me for a complimentary webinar that will once and for all conquer difficult FMLA medical certification issues employers face. Megan and I will cover certification in detail to help employers deal with the most confusing and maddening medical certification issues.
This is not an FMLA basics presentation, and it’s not for the faint of heart. Using real life situations from our own experiences in dealing with the FMLA, we will cover topics such as:
- Analyzing the key parts of the medical certification form, and what sections you should focus on to ensure you have the information you need?
- Best practices for employers when an employee fails to return medical certification or turns it in late – can you deny some or all of the leave?
- Contacting the employee’s physician – can you get permission in advance to contact the doc?
- What can employers do when they notice a pattern of misuse or suspect FMLA abuse? How best to use recertification
- Is a second/third opinion really worth the cost and time?
This session promises to be practical and fun. Click here to register for this complimentary webinar. We look forward to your participation. In the meantime, please email me at email@example.com with any questions that you would like us to address.
This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute and SHRM for review. Illinois MCLE credit also will be available to attorneys attending the program. For attorneys in states other than Illinois, we will provide proof of attendance, but CLE credit will be governed by your particular state’s rules.